Pregnancy Back Pain
Whether you are pre-, peri- or post-partum, the experts at iSpine Clinics are here to help you relieve back pain associated with pregnancy.
Pregnancy often causes back pain which can be frustrating and difficult to treat. iSpine Rehab’s exclusive Pregnancy Backache Program can safely and effectively treat pre-, peri-, and post-partum women, including post C-section and diastasis recti pain. Our drug-free approach is completely safe for pregnant and nursing mothers.
Our program is aimed at increasing core and low back strength through safe, effective exercises; as well as training in body mechanics and lifting techniques including crib, car seat and bathtub transfers. We have helped hundreds of mothers and soon-to-be mothers overcome back pain. If this is you, call us. We can help.
What To Expect
Once you’ve been evaluated by one of our spine specialists, an individualized treatment program will be formulated for your specific needs. Your program may include the following:
- Isolated spinal MedX strength training
- Stretching and core strength training
- Patient education
- Pain management techniques
- Postural Techniques
- Body mechanics and lifting techniques
- Circuit training (home exercise) program
- Modalities and/or manual therapy as indicated
Treatment & Pain Management Techniques
- Instruction in our exclusive circuit training home exercise program: Weekly physical exercise before pregnancy has been noted to reduce the risk for back pain problems in pregnancy.¹
- Reduction of postpartum mid-back pain associated with breast-feeding and repetitive lifting and carrying of a newborn infant.
- Treatment of postpartum disc herniations caused by labor & delivery.
- Prevention of Osteoporosis: Isolated lumbar extension exercise with the pelvis stabilized using specialized equipment elicits the most favorable improvements in low back strength muscle cross- sectional area, and vertebral bone mineral density. Improvements occur independent of diagnosis, are long-lasting, and appear to result in less utilization of the health care system than other more passive treatments.²
- Women prone to low back pain can reduce their likelihood of symptoms during pregnancy by participating in a general back exercise program prior to becoming pregnant.¾
- Individualized back care education regarding the anatomy and prognosis of the problem provided early during pregnancy reduces symptoms and sick leave time.¹
- Extensive training in body mechanics and lifting techniques related to crib, car seat and bathtub transfers, as well as infant lifting techniques.
- Individualized core muscle treatments to assist in faster tissue recovery after a caesarian section or diastasis recti post pregnancy.
Don’t wait. Call to schedule your consultation, today.
Ready to Schedule?
If you would like to schedule an appointment or simply learn more about iSpine Clinics services, please call us at 763-201-8191 or fill out our New Patient Consultation Request Form. We are here to assist you in any way we can.
We know that living with muscle, bone or joint pain is no fun. We will do our best to schedule you with one of our specialists as soon as possible. We pride ourselves on our ability to accommodate your need for a specialized medical evaluation as quickly as possible.